In early March, we released version 2.0.0 of the Klarna Checkout for WooCommerce plugin. The new version is a rewrite of the plugin and the flow for when an order is created in WooCommerce, and when the purchase is finalized in Klarna, has changed compared to earlier versions.
The new checkout flow is more aligned with the standard WooCommerce checkout flow. With this change the KCO plugin will be more compatible with other WooCommerce extensions and the risk of lost data will decrease.
The biggest difference in the new version is that the WooCommerce order will now be created first (in Pending status), then the Klarna order is placed, and finally the WooCommerce order is updated to Processing status. This way we avoid situations where orders in WooCommerce must be created in a fallback sequence (if something goes wrong during the checkout process in WooCommerce after the purchase is finalized in Klarna).
If you experience problems – here’s how to proceed
Some merchants have experienced problems with the update to version 2.x. Here is some information and tips on how to proceed if you’ve received error reports from your customers.
- Is an order created in WooCommerce (with the status Pending) or not, in cases when a customer reports an error?
- Which payment method did the customer choose in KCO when the problem occurred?
- Can you or the customer provide a screenshot (preferably with the console open) to show how it looks in the browser/checkout when the error occurs?
Gather answers to the questions above and create a support ticket at email@example.com/no or via the support icon at the bottom left of this page. We will then help you troubleshoot the issue.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Not all stores and customers experience the problems. This makes it more difficult to troubleshoot.
- If you only offer Klarna Checkout as payment in your store and find that for many people reported problems to you, there is the possibility to roll back to version 1.11.8. Earlier versions of the plugin can be found here. If you do not want to make the version change manually, you can do so directly in WP admin via the WP Rollback plugin.