We’ve just released version 1.5 of the Klarna payment gateway for WooCommerce. The update includes a number of new features and the plugin does now utilize the new Klarna graphical profile. Since we have been working quite close with Klarna, the gateway is now officially approved by Klarna.
What’s new in version 1.5?
Quite a lot actually. Several features still need to be developed before the gateway can be considered as finished, but with this version we’re taking a distinct step ahead. These new features can be found in version 1.5:
- Possibility to show monthly cost (with purchase via Klarna Account) on single product pages.
- Possibility to show monthly cost (with purchase via Klarna Account) on shop base page and in archives.
- Klarna Special Campaign now added as a separate payment method (Special campaigns are temporary offerings like By now – pay in xx months).
- The payment gateway does now utilize the new Klarna graphical profile for displaying Klarna icons.
- The basic Klarna logo is now replaced by country specific logotypes. These logos are loaded from Klarnas CDN.
- All icons are filtered via add_filter() so you can override them without change the plugin code.
- Possibility to deactivate Klarna in checkout depending on a lower and/or upper threshold for cart total. That is, if cart total is less than $nn or greater than $nn the Klarna gateway will be disabled.
- Possibility to deactivate monthly cost display based on a lower and/or upper threshold for product price. That is, if the product price is less than $nn or greater than $nn the monthly cost display will be disabled.
- Klarna is now only available as a payment method in checkout if the customers country (in the checkout form) is equal to the shops base country.
Germany and Netherlands specific updates
- Added display of credit warning banner next to products and on checkout (when using monthly cost feature/Klarna Account). Netherlands.
- Added check to control that billing and shipping address equal. Germany and Netherlands.
- The complementary checkout fields House number and House extension are now removed and replaced by a split address function applied to the Billing address 1 field. Germany and Netherlands.
- Added the possibility to show a Klarna consent terms checkbox in checkout. Germany.
A closer walk-through can be found on the gateway documentation page. In the documentation you can also take a closer look at how to use add_filter() to change the Klarna logotypes.